Friday, February 19, 2010

My Happy Place


This is a place that no one knows. the location I keep a secret. I feel safe and warm here like sitting on the fuzzy shag rug, in front of a fire on a cold winter night. With Books in tall handmade wood bookshelves on either side, a mirror hanging right above it with fake marble patterns etched around each corner. On the mantle sat pictures of my uncles, ants, cousins, niecesand nephews. All in colored frames, different shapes and sizes, grandpa's "Lefty's do it Right" coffee cup, sat proud Right in the middle.
When I go outside to walk around; I am suddenly blinded by the shimmering rays of sunlight just peeking over the horizon. It's rays sparkling like diamonds off the tiny little drops of dew gathered on each blade of the greenest grass I had ever seen. Softness I have not felt since snuggling with Whiskers, my very first kitten. I hear birds over my shoulder, chirping songs in perfect harmony. So delightful and charming as they fly all around me. I walk up the beautiful old cobble stone paths, broken and crumbling into tiny little pieces. with weeds growing in, on and around them the wrapped around the all the old red brick houses. On the front porches were grandma's knitting this Christmas's sweaters, while keeping one eye the weather. The grand kids in the front and running around back to play games like hacky - sack, tag and of course cops and robbers. Dads in the garage fixing that old rusty Chevy Bel-Arie. Grandpa' trying to finish that darn horse puzzle, he's already finished it three times before .
This feeling of comfort you cant imitate, like your first kiss with your prom date, so happy, warm and soothing. All the school programs or played they never were late or complained of the delay, waiving and clapping trying to get close to take pictures pusing and shovig the whole way. My Mother so caring and loving no matter what, now and forever.
This place that I speak of is more than a place, its' got a purpose, a home, its very own space. A spot for everyone or if you want all alone. Wherever you want it, put it, find it or hide it.
Keep your Happy Place very close to your heart !!



1 comment:

  1. That's awesome girl...truly! You get me all emotional damn you. ;) ~~But if the while I think on thee, dear friend, All losses are restored and sorrows end.
    ~William Shakespeare~~

    ReplyDelete